Thursday, January 15, 2009

I met up in Ashland with some of my good friends from California on New Year's Day. It was a very last-minute trip, but on my way out of town I was sure to stop by the studio to check out a paint kit and grab some 6" tiles. My friends have the most adorable little girl who was born on Jan. 13, and I wanted to get some hand/footprints done for them for her 1st birthday. Lucie picked out the colors she wanted and was so good while we painted her cute little hands and feet.

I brought the tiles back to the studio, added her name, age and the date, and fired them. I was initially planning on framing them--we have some really nice little frames for 4" and 6" tiles. However, on the drive home I remembered that we have stools that fit two 6"tiles.

I finished the stool with a really nice walnut stain (thanks, Laura, I'll remember to get that back to you at some point!), glued the tiles in, and then added a little grout to fill in the small gap between the tiles and around the outside of them. I couldn't have been happier with the end result. My friend received the stool yesterday and loved it. She said Lucie likes it, too :-)

Happy 1st Birthday, Lu!

1 comment:

AngiGrrrl said...

The stool is so cute! And I miss you, Jay!!!!!!

XOXO