Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hello all!

I figured I should introduce myself as well. My name is Jessica, or Jess, I grew up in Eugene, OR and recently graduated from the University of Oregon. I love foreign languages, quilting and of course painting! Brushfire is just like home to me.

I first started painting there at age 11 when I attended a birthday party and have been painting regularly ever since. I remember when I was little I was always waiting around for my mother to finish painting and would walk around looking at everything being painted and washing random dishes in the back sink, gazing at the tiled sink. One of the owners told me then that someday he would hire me when I turned sixteen. I suppose I never forgot it, because when I started looking for work Brushfire seemed like the place I would most want to be and here I am!

It seems sometimes that my house only contains handmade pottery at this point, but there's always more to find and paint! My friends are now accustomed to receiving handmade pottery for all birthdays and holidays. The new and creative pieces customers bring in continue to inspire me with new ideas for new pottery projects. I hope to see some of you fellow bloggers and readers at Brushfire!

No comments: